Students can unleash their creative flair through dance and drama performances, competitions, exhibitions and enrichment programs.
Students with particular interests and talents can participate in local and statewide activities in visual arts, music, dance and drama.
Creative & Performing Arts
Visual Arts provides opportunities for students to enjoy the making and studying of art. It builds an understanding of the role of art in all forms of media, both in the contemporary and historical world, and encourages students to develop their ideas and interests in artworks. Visual Arts enables students to become informed about, to understand and to write about their contemporary world. Students learn:
· About the pleasure and enjoyment of making different kinds of artworks in 2D, 3D and 4D forms.
· To represent their ideas and interests with reference to contemporary trends.
· How artists, including painters, sculptors, architects, designers, photographers and ceramists make artworks.
· How art is shaped by different beliefs, values and meanings.
· How their own lives and experiences can influence their artmaking and critical and historical studies.
All students also have the opportunity to develop their musical abilities and potential. Throughout the course students will discover how music as an artform plays important roles in the social, cultural, aesthetic and spiritual lives of people.
At an individual level, music is a medium of personal expression. It enables the sharing of ideas, feelings and experiences which students will explore through the learning experiences of performing, composing and listening, within the context of a range of styles, periods and genres. They will also study the concepts of music (duration, pitch, dynamics and expressive techniques, tone colour, texture and structure).