Maths courses aim to create confidence and enjoyment in doing mathematical activities. Students develop an awareness of how maths can be used to solve problems in everyday life. They also learn of its contribution to the development of society.
Maths course also aim to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in the following areas:
· Logical, flexible, fluent and original thinking;
· Computation and problem solving skills;
· Appropriate language for the effective communication of mathematical ideas and experiences;
· An ability to recognise mathematical patterns and relationships;
· A variety of methods for calculation and problem solving;
· An awareness of the basic structure of mathematics by an appreciation of the nature and inter-relationship of the various strands of mathematics.
For more information please contact Andrew McKay, Head Teacher Math/Scienceon 6872 2522.